Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Decisions Can Be The Death Of Me

There's something about big decisions that make me indecisive. Maybe it's because of the longevity of this decision or the amount of money involved in the outcome of this decision. Regardless, it makes me squeamish. I don't want to rush it but I know I'm not. It's a battle in my head of what I really feel. Damn it, this is when I believe in my astrology sign.

Believe it for not, I've never done this before and maybe that's the real reason why it's hard for me to make a complete decision and be comfortable with it. I'm still young and I can seriously say that I've done a lot more than most people at my age and even older. I'm a college graduate with a great job in my field, a married woman with a mortgage and a child- well furr child but let's be honest, he's my baby- and all my bills, including my cell phone, are now in my name. The whole idea of doing this scares me and it shouldn't- I've been through what most people would consider even scarier situations, like buying your first place.

Brand new car. To most, if not all of you, this is something you probably did when you were sixteen and are probably laughing at me right now. But like I've explained before, I grew up in a very generous home and was always taken care of when it came to that. Now I never had a brand new year of model car, it was always used or older and maybe that's why I'm even more intimidated. Brand new car. No one has owned this car prior to me (well of course, the dealership). Whatever happens to it is my fault, just like everything else in my life. It's a big step for me & large purchase I don't want to take lightly. 

It's not only a car for my dog but one day will be a car that our children will sit in. Now that is intimidating. I'm sure most wouldn't really think about it and maybe it's my brain running faster than my legs and arms again.  But I truly feel in this situation, the future actually matters.  And it is crazy to think that. We knew we would never stay in the home we bought forever, that was part of our plan.  But this decision is long term and way longer than that.

I'm trying to have fun with the whole thing but it actually gives me a headache and stresses me out a little.  I guess we will see. I narrowed down a few yesterday which helped in my process.  The trunk is my biggest priority without getting the car too big.  I keep saying this car is for my dog and truly in my heart it is. I want him to be comfortable and I don't want him to ruin my seats (seriously).  I don't think that's too much to look for.  But then you see the things you can afford and the things you can't.  I realize, damn it, I want all those things I can't afford.  I'm not sure I will be extremely happy with any car I purchase from here on out until I hit my mid life crisis. Cars seem too practical to me yet there is something about it that I want to feel luxury.  It's a fight and a battle in my head on what is practical and what I will love for a very long time.

Do I really need to be thinking about practicality?  In my situation, I really think that is a yes. So down below is one of the ones I saw yesterday that I have a feeling will be the one in the end. But I'd still like to see a few more and test out that trunk space.  This car I believe I could love for a very very long time if I got everything I wanted in it. The problem is what I want there are things I don't want and there is no give and take with a step up.  And there is a nice price difference, too.  It's all jumble in my head.

These are the decisions I have to make... I'm making this too difficult.  I should be happy I'm getting one and that we can afford it.  That's the bottom line.

2013 Kia Sorrento





Peace, Love & The Joy of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment