Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Start of Something Real

They always say, "there is a time and a place for everything." They being anyone philosophical enough to say so, the time being now and the place being, well, here of course.

I've been reevaluating the terms of happiness and what it means to me in my life.  I've even started reading the book, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  Yeah, I know, it's one of those weird self help books.  You may be thinking, "what the hell does she have to be unhappy about?"

This is my answer to you:
I'm incredibly happy where I am right now.  I have the most loving husband a girl could ever ask for, whom tries everyday to make me happy in some small way or another.  I have the sweetest, goofiest most protective fur ball as my best friend at my feet at all times.  I have two loving families (one whom I miss dearly all the time) that constantly believes in me no matter how ridiculous my dreams may be. I have friends, lots of wonderful friends, who care, listen, talk, laugh and dream big with me.  A job that I should never take for granted, that allows me to utilize a four year education that my loving parents graciously gave me. And of course, my home and health.  They may never be exactly how I want it but I will always try my best to get there. I have lots to be proud of, I'm young and still alive, very alive.

I AM HAPPY. And happily happy, too.  But I've realized that sometimes my head and heart run faster than my legs and arms can get me.  I want everything I've ever dreamed of, now. And why shouldn't I be able to think that I cannot have it all now?

I'll tell you... because things like that make me miss out on what is happening actually, in this moment. Now. Reality, I think that's what it's called.  In fact, I forgot but that is what I wrote my college essay on- reality through a camera lens.  Don't get me wrong, I will never get to anywhere I want to be without a little dreaming and lots of aspirations. But I'm trying to figure out a way to live now, enjoy life now while dreaming of things to come. This may not be so hard for some, but I have bohemian gypsy in my blood and not to mention I'm a Gemini.  [note: I'm not a firm believer in astrology but damn it sometimes it all makes sense.] So not only is it hard for me to stay in one place for very long but I have two sides to me, one that wants to settle down and plant my roots somewhere and one that wants to forever be a wanderer, travel & see the world.  I'm trying to mix the two, balance my yin & yang if you will.

I've learned that sometimes, for me, spontaneity helps cure my gypsy cold.

So, the meaning of this space is for me to document my life. To help keep my feet planted while dreaming high in the sky.  It will be here to remind me of the little things in life each day that make me happy.  How young I am and to never forget it.



That's me, enjoying life.

 
Peace, Love & The Joy of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment