Sunday, August 19, 2012

Too Sexy For My Hotness

 
Yesterday I woke up early and decided to start my day off exceptionally well.  I took my pup for a long walk in the sunniest freshest most amazing morning breeze that I have felt in a long time.  Maybe that was all I needed, fresh air.  Not this hot stuffy humid air we have been having all summer.  But all I know is, it got me pumped for what's to come... Fall. I'm a sucker for it. All that layering, sweaters, boots, hats, bonfires, tastiness, pumpkins, apples, snuggles... it is all making me salivate right now.  Now this is by no means me saying I love winter.... I despise winter. Let's not get the two mixed up. I want to be outside crunching wet leaves in no coat not sloshing through goopy black slush with snot frozen to my nostrils. Yes, I said it and you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyways, the summer is wrapping up- which I am a little sad about. Now that the weather is in the 70s and 80s, it is actually an enjoyable part of the summer. One thing I will be sad about for sure is farmer's market ending.  I didn't feel I got to actually enjoy the majority of them.  Probably because I was consumed with wedding planning and marrying my best friend, love of my life and other half.  But once that all was said and done, life got back to normal. THANK YOU BABY JESUS. We had time to enjoy life together (not that planning was not enjoyable- it was fantastic).  One place specific was being outside doing all sorts of things: concerts, canoeing, swimming, walking, etc. That's when I decided I was going to try to visit farmer's markets as much as I could while the time still allowed which is soon to not be at all.

So after I walked the pup, I grabbed my camera with my new orgasmic lens, kissed my sleeping hubby goodbye and darted out the door. [note: you'll find that my husband is a night owl and a late sleeper and I am the complete opposite- this will only be beneficial when we have a baby but something to look forward to nonetheless] 

I arrived at the Jefferson Township Park where there were a few lined tents, average folk and lots of pups & kids. I've been to so many farmer's markets that this one felt small to me. It could very well be that it's because it's so late in the year.  Regardless, I whipped out my ten dollar bill and bought some goodies. I even saved two dollars. 


I walked away with one green pepper the size of my head, one zucchini the size of... well we don't need to get into that, a jalapeno cheese pretzel, four ears of corn and of course some awesome hot peppers.  I think I may have only bought them for these reasons; the colors caught my eye from across the field, my husband likes hot peppers & the cutest old couple were selling them.  I'm a sucker for aging couples who still show their love together.  Their stand didn't have anything huge but they were by far the one with the most diverse vegetable options. The moment I walked up I thought to myself, I cannot wait to grow a garden with my husband.  You could tell they not only loved each other but those vegetables were their babies and they were so damn proud of them. The little lady even gave me extra hot peppers no charge... she just grabbed them and threw them in my bag after I paid. That small gesture was probably the best of my day. I didn't even really need them but the fact that she really was serious about me having them made me okay with it.  Anyways, so I grabbed my stuff and walked around, took some photos, then left.

I got home and felt inspired to actually shoot something so I grabbed those hot peppers that caught my eye with their vivid color and threw down some burlap.  Below are my results.  It's been awhile since I did something like this for fun and for free (well without the price of the peppers). It only took a few minutes but I'm pleased with the outcome for my first time back to being me.  I'll get there and get better, too.  It's something you never forget- like riding a bicycle.  It's forever in me, I just can't let my heart forget it's there.

So hot mamas and papas,  I leave you with these sexy sizzlers.


 


  Peace, Love & The Joy of Life


No comments:

Post a Comment